I know no on can say, so just venting I guess
My current "Enterprise license ends middle of April and I just don't know what to do.
I may not purchase another renewal before the 2013 pricing comes out.
At the speed things happen and as little desktop focus there is now it doesn't seem I'd be getting much for my renewal purchase over the next year. There's so many things that RS is working on and they'll all take a lot of time to complete.
I opted out of "applying" to be a beta tester because that to me was wrong of asking paid users to show why they should be beta testers.
I know how you feel. It's a bit uncomfortable (to put it politely). We pay for this product and are willing to spend our time helping this company fix their product but now have to be subject to interrogation to do it?
I do not want to renew my current enterprise license because the new license scheme might save me a few bucks, but then again if my licesne expires before they roll over current active licenses I might get screwed.
This is just a rant and because I was wondering if other (and I'm sure there are) License holders that face the same.
Kinda wish now I did not fall for the whole "enterprise" hype and just kept my professional license
Yup. I tend to think ahead which is why I never did the Enterprise hype upgrade.
I'm a Pro customer still.
After 2013 comes out presumably in < 2 months I don't see any significant additions for real desktop in the next 6 months. So purchasing a new renewal now to me is just dead money. Yes it sounds cheaper to buy now but in reality if you're not getting anything useful over many months then it's just tossing it away. I'm not happy that they've put so much effort and focus into other new products and not desktop.
I don't understand why Cocoa isn't released when the last few releases had almost no Cocoa fixes or new features. Reading the notes show Cocoa isn't getting much attention while WE and iOS are growing and being fixed magnitudes more than Cocoa. IF Cocoa is/was ready a couple releases ago, then they should distribute it and not hold up customers. I'd like to get it with the current 'old' IDE but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I wonder how many customer's licenses will expire in those few months of the extended Cocoa delay for the new IDE if that's what's going on?
I've got other software and purchases to make which is why I'm a little more careful about this renewal purchase at this time. I'll probably skip a year and see what happens. If it turns out they magically get awesome things done for desktop in 6 months then I can always purchase then or when I need to (probably after 5 more months of debugging).
Anyway it is what it is.
You could always purchase your Enterprise renewal now and then get your money back in 90 days if you don't like what's been done.