Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:49 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Show us What You've made in REALbasic!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:05 pm 

Well what can I say, from what I've seen I'm glad I bought the pro version. Some very nice applications guys, any i'm still working on mine it's a revision card type system to help other college/uni students (hope to give it away for free) were they can add relevent information on the back end I.e explaine subnetting - an answer plus a little tip. So when they do come to a revision they will see a topic the question and some were, were they can type ananswer plus if needed display a tip.
Like I said this is still in development and for me is a great way to learn RB plus I hope it will be useful even if only one Person uses it or more use it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 pm 

Took me a while, but here is what I have (Teacher Studio):

Shameless plug: http://www.lomation.com/teacherstudio/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm 

Domo wrote:
Well what can I say, from what I've seen I'm glad I bought the pro version. Some very nice applications guys, any i'm still working on mine it's a revision card type system to help other college/uni students (hope to give it away for free) were they can add relevent information on the back end I.e explaine subnetting - an answer plus a little tip. So when they do come to a revision they will see a topic the question and some were, were they can type ananswer plus if needed display a tip.
Like I said this is still in development and for me is a great way to learn RB plus I hope it will be useful even if only one Person uses it or more use it.

This looks very nifty indeed. How long did it take you to develop it? I see a lot of custom controls in it.

The site could do with more screenshots. I'm downloading the app without having any use for it just to take a longer look at it, congratulations :)

I see you didn't even try to do a Windows version. Is this right?

http://twitter.com/eduo/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm 

eduo wrote:
Domo wrote:

This looks very nifty indeed. How long did it take you to develop it? I see a lot of custom controls in it.

The site could do with more screenshots. I'm downloading the app without having any use for it just to take a longer look at it, congratulations :)

Hello forgive me but... I think you quoted the wrong person!?!, I've not released it yet I'm still working on the little things ;) so far its taken me about 1 and a half weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:38 pm 

Domo wrote:
Hello forgive me but... I think you quoted the wrong person!?!, I've not released it yet I'm still working on the little things ;) so far its taken me about 1 and a half weeks.

Gosh. Forgive me, yes. I blame the damn iPhone. I meand to quote ChickenScratch. My pudgy fingers and the iPhones teensy weensy screen sometimes mean this happens. I must've hit the wrong "reply" button :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:35 am 

eduo wrote:

The project started about a year ago, but actual development time was roughly 5 months (I have a real job unfortunately). The controls are mostly canvases (including the date picker control - which by the way, I used to sell on my site and will do so again shortly) with nifty paintings and algorithms. I do have a Windows version, but since this version integrates so tightly with iCal, I will have to do the same for Outlook or perhaps create my own custom calendar.

This project also takes advantage of Mac's quicklook, something that Windows don't have. Other than those two issues, the program compiles and runs fine on Windows.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:45 pm 

This is something we have been doing since about November. Team Manager (Go-kart racing ) Software. It's not as pretty as most of the ones I see in here, but it works.

Image Image Image

The download site is http://j.dotson.tripod.com/ I've got more function to add as soon as I find the time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 pm 

Here's a couple of screenshots of one of my RB apps, KidSafe.

KidSafe is currently stable, and will hopefully be officially released at PortableApps.com soon; you can download it from http://code.google.com/p/kidsafe.

It's designed to keep little kids from screwing up a computer; to do that, it covers the entire screen with a blank window, thereby stopping mouse-clicking and keyboard-pounding problems. Depending on how you configure it, it can also lock the CD tray and various system keys. To keep older kids from bypassing the protection, a password is required to exit KidSafe; to prevent abuse, any local administrator can unlock KidSafe with their Windows password.

Part of the Options dialog:

KidSafe in action:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:35 am 

Quote:
It's designed to keep little kids from screwing up a computer;

kids?... I know a lot of adults that need that.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 am 

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread, with screen shot of my latest applications.
Ironically, it's a debugger for another programming language,BlitzMax, as I am not overly fond of the one built into the BlitzMax IDE.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 am 

This is Star Web one of my apps I also recently build for Windows, but now only for Mac.
It's using different controls by Alex Restrepo and some I've created like the SegView or NSButton.
It also used the ImagePlayEffectsLibrary.
So far it is just a closed Beta but will released in at least some weeks, for free.

This is version A96F

This is version A96E with overview of different editor modes.

>>> Sorry for my bad english. Best regards MrLee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:44 am 

I'm just getting ready to launch a program called Corona™ Project Manager -- it's for people using the Corona SDK to create mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).

There's no GUI for Corona, so I created something to help make the the workflow smoother and faster (because I like to "work lazy").

I'm already working on v2 and v1 doesn't launch until tomorrow, but it turned out really nicely, thanks to REALbasic.

http://GameDevNation.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:32 am 

I really like some of the UIs that have been coded - particularly ChickenScratch, MrLess and alakazam's software.

Has anyone written any blog posts as to how these UIs were achieved? I'm just wondering because I'd like to get something in RB and all the examples supplied (and the documentation) seem to be just one or two controls on a Window - nothing like what anyone else has generated. I'd rather read a blog post which gives me some pointers to get started rather than start something and run into problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm 

adrianjohnson wrote:
I really like some of the UIs that have been coded - particularly ChickenScratch, MrLess and alakazam's software.

Has anyone written any blog posts as to how these UIs were achieved? I'm just wondering because I'd like to get something in RB and all the examples supplied (and the documentation) seem to be just one or two controls on a Window - nothing like what anyone else has generated. I'd rather read a blog post which gives me some pointers to get started rather than start something and run into problems.

I once asked something similar, without much luck. Usually very custom controls in reality mean they're drawing themselves from scratch in the paint event as needed to simulate the look and behaviour you want. This is much faster said than done. I don't think I've seen good examples of this around, but I could be wrong.

I asked how to do this some time ago ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32596 ) because I needed to have a central tasklist of sorts where different parts of the program would send tasks, each of which would have its custom cell depending on what it was supposed to do, how it was supposed to track and report it and whether it was pausable and/or stoppable.

You may find a lot of clues in that thread, I know I did and was able to get a working solution I left halfway before attempting a different path in my application. I haven't found a better one in the forums (there might be one, I just haven't found it). There might also be one in ARBP but I'm not aware of it (wouldn't be a bad idea, though).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 am 

eduo wrote:
You may find a lot of clues in that thread, I know I did and was able to get a working solution I left halfway before attempting a different path in my application. I haven't found a better one in the forums (there might be one, I just haven't found it). There might also be one in ARBP but I'm not aware of it (wouldn't be a bad idea, though).

Thanks eduo. That thread was helpful. I'm starting to look into the canvas and how to add controls to it. Comparing RB to Visual Studio though, it is a lot easier to draw UIs in Visual Studio - maybe I just need to get used to RB.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next