Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:35 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with x86_64
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:25 pm 

Hi, I'm using ubuntu Breezy for x86_64, and when I try to run Yamipod I get:

./YamiPod: error while loading shared libraries: libcups.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've noticed this has happened to a lot of people, and someone fixed it by installing cups-libs, which doesn't exist in Ubuntu.

The file is clearly there, it's in
/usr/lib/libcups.so.2

I heard that some people fixed it by copying the libcups.so.2 libraries from a i386 computer into /usr/lib32 and into /lib32, which I did, but the problem is still there.. :?

Could someone help me??

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:51 pm 

This is the only x64 thread that I remember. See if anything in there helps, if you haven'y already looked at it.

http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=679

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:50 pm 

Ok.. thanks for the help.. I downloaded the tarball and unpacked it the way I was supposed to, and now I get all these errors:

(process:8715): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

(process:8715): Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers

(YamiPod:8715): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(YamiPod:8715): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(YamiPod:8715): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libindustrial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(YamiPod:8715): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libindustrial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(YamiPod:8715): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc'
(YamiPod:8715): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:8715): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so
: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:8715): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed: (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
Aborted

I do have the files it supposedly can't find

some are in /usr/lib32 and some are only in /usr/lib

So I think I'm getting closer..
Thanks for all the help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 pm 

if you can make a list for me with the so's it needs i'll add them to the tarball for you

and the files you "have" are probably 64 bit shared objects (realbasic can't handle/use those)

btw i don't know if the other post mentioned this but you need to edit a file

- Edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add "/usr/lib32" (without the quotes offcourse)
- Then do a ldconfig as root.
- Then go ahead and start up RB and see what happens.

let me know if you still need help ( oh yeah keep in mind the language reference is not working yet (anoys me about some so he can't open wich is there))

oh yes and this could break openssh so you probably hav to reinstall it(i gues the emerge command isn't going to work on your system :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:32 am 

Wow!! I did what you said, and now it says its only missing one file

./YamiPod
./YamiPod: error while loading shared libraries: libgnutls.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks for all the help!, I guess it's going to work out after all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:50 am 

did you need the gnutls for realbasic ??? (if you don't need it for realbasic i'm just don't put it in the tarbal)

i don't have it on any of my systems but i'm building it for you as i type.

i'll post a link when i'm done compiling :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:35 pm 

ok took some time (stupid dependencies )

but i have 64bit so's and 32bit ( i suggest that you try the 64 bit first unless you have those already)

32 bit version

64 bit version

as root :
//for the 32 bit version
tar -xvjf 32bit.tar.bz2 -C /

//for the 64 bit version
tar -xvjf 64bit.tar.bz2 -C /

that should do it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:54 pm 

psycho wrote:
did you need the gnutls for realbasic ???

Not that I've ever heard of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:20 pm 

ok.. thanks for the tarballs, i unpacked both of them, and it asked for another file, which I copyed from a 32bit machine, but now it says

./YamiPod: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but:
$->locate libexpat.so.0
/usr/lib/libexpat.so.0
/usr/lib32/libexpat.so.0

so the file is realy there!.. I think im stuck again..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:23 pm 

hmm i'm afraid you now have the same problem as i have with the language reference (still trying to figure out tough)

btw wat is that yamipod program ?? maybe i can find out if i can run it

Aaron Ballman wrote:
Not that I've ever heard of.

my pc didn't ask for it but it could be some dep. problem ( you never know )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:26 pm 

ok.. I'll keep trying and if I figure something up I'll let you know..
Yamipod is a program to sync your ipod with your computer
http://www.yamipod.com
I really appreciate all your help! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:22 am 

i think i have a different version of libexpat.so.0 as my pc doesn't ask for it

got you another tarbal hehe

get it here

tar -xvjf lib.tar.bz2 -C /

//if he still asks for the so try

echo "/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig

if there is more i have the program working (until it asks for an ipod cause i don't have any)
so i should have all the so's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:51 pm 

All right!!..
It still asked for the file, but I did the echo thing and now it asks for

./YamiPod: error while loading shared libraries: libtasn1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:16 pm 

ok got another one for you ( appearantly i didn't had that one :shock: )

click me !!!

tar -xvjf libtasn1.tar.bz2 -C /

and that one should be good to

also for some speed improvement i copied all the libs on my notebook ( all 32bit ) on the server so you can download them on your own if you like (just put them in /usr/lib32)
otherwise it could take to next year untill your program finaly runs :)
they are here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:04 am 

OK.. Thanks so much.. so I unpacked the tarball, and copied a bunch of libs to my system.. like the libpango ones.. but now it shows an error that has something to do with fonts.. Its a huge error, but most of them are warnings.. I did the echo thing and ldconfig, but it still shows the same error...

./YamiPod: /usr/lib32/libtasn1.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib32/libgnutls.so.11)

(process:9678): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

(process:9678): Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers

(YamiPod:9678): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(YamiPod:9678): Gdk-WARNING **: Error converting from UTF-8 to STRING: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'ISO-8859-1' is not supported

(YamiPod:9678): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libindustrial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(YamiPod:9678): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/engines/libindustrial.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Fontconfig error: "conf.d", line 1: no element found

(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'ArabicScriptEngineFc'
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-arabic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-basic-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-hangul-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'HangulScriptEngineFc'
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-WARNING **: /usr/lib/pango/1.4.0/modules/pango-hangul-fc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'HangulScriptEngineFc'
(YamiPod:9678): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed: (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
Aborted

As I said.. Its huge...
Thanks so much for your help..