Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:21 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 408
Okay so I am doing my annual system maintenance / upgrade and just finished getting OpenSuSE updated from 11.4 to 12.1 and have run into this particular issue with getting RealStudio to start.

McDian: ./Real\ Studio\ 2011

(Real Studio 2011:5105): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(Real Studio 2011:5105): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(Real Studio 2011:5105): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
[RB] Unable to create all-user preferences file (2)
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGZip.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBAddressBook.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBREALSQLDatabase.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBXML.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBHTMLViewer.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBSpriteSurface.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RB3D.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBAppearancePak.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBMD5.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBMacToolbar.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBInternetEncodings.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGameInput.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBShell.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBRegEx.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBSSL.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBScript.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGUIKit.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBOpenGLSurface.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin PostgreSQL Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin Oracle Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin MySQLCommunityPlugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin ODBC Plugin.rbx
Loading Office classes ...
Loading dependencies ...
Initialize online help ...
Done initializing online help ...
REALbasic IDE: IPCSocket error 105
Segmentation fault
McDian:


When I use a work around I found elsewhere in these forums it seems that about half of the elements (can't think of the correct term as I am at the end of my day and tired) are not functional: e.g.: ImageWell or BevelButton just to name two.

Any ideas? This is just one of many issues I am having.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 am
Posts: 1086
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
McDian wrote:
Okay so I am doing my annual system maintenance / upgrade and just finished getting OpenSuSE updated from 11.4 to 12.1 and have run into this particular issue with getting RealStudio to start.

McDian: ./Real\ Studio\ 2011

(Real Studio 2011:5105): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(Real Studio 2011:5105): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

(Real Studio 2011:5105): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
[RB] Unable to create all-user preferences file (2)
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGZip.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBAddressBook.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBREALSQLDatabase.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBXML.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBHTMLViewer.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBSpriteSurface.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RB3D.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBAppearancePak.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBMD5.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBMacToolbar.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBInternetEncodings.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGameInput.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBShell.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBRegEx.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBSSL.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBScript.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGUIKit.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBOpenGLSurface.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin PostgreSQL Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin Oracle Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin MySQLCommunityPlugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin ODBC Plugin.rbx
Loading Office classes ...
Loading dependencies ...
Initialize online help ...
Done initializing online help ...
REALbasic IDE: IPCSocket error 105
Segmentation fault
McDian:


When I use a work around I found elsewhere in these forums it seems that about half of the elements (can't think of the correct term as I am at the end of my day and tired) are not functional: e.g.: ImageWell or BevelButton just to name two.

Any ideas? This is just one of many issues I am having.


Your system is missing files. See here to fix the issue :-)
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get- ... 2-1-a.html

_________________
Matthew A. Combatti
Real Studio 2012 r1.2

Visit Xojo Developer's Spot!
Systems I Use:
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 r2/Windows 7/Windows 8
Mac OSX 10.5/Mac OSX 10.6/Mac OSX Server/Ubuntu/Debian/Suse/Red Hat/
Windows Server 2011/CentOS 5.4 /ReactOS/SimOS

~All Xojo Compatible~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 408
Okay after several fix attempts and zero success I have rolled back to OpenSuSE 11.4 where everything for the most part works... except NOW I have the following issue with RealStudio2011r4.3:

McDian: ./Real\ Studio\ 2011

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
[RB] Unable to create all-user preferences file (13)
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGameInput.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin Oracle Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin ODBC Plugin.rbx
Loading Office classes ...
Loading dependencies ...
Initialize online help ...
Done initializing online help ...
REALbasic IDE: IPCSocket error 105

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkFixed' to `GtkTreeView'
Segmentation fault
McDian:


I can't seem to find anything that clearly answers what is happening. Ideas?

And to add, the Segmentation fault ends with a complete crash. How it happens is the application will open just fine, a little slow but it opens. But as soon as I try to switch to a window it crashes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 am
Posts: 1086
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
McDian wrote:
Okay after several fix attempts and zero success I have rolled back to OpenSuSE 11.4 where everything for the most part works... except NOW I have the following issue with RealStudio2011r4.3:

McDian: ./Real\ Studio\ 2011

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
[RB] Unable to create all-user preferences file (13)
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGameInput.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin Oracle Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin ODBC Plugin.rbx
Loading Office classes ...
Loading dependencies ...
Initialize online help ...
Done initializing online help ...
REALbasic IDE: IPCSocket error 105

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkFixed' to `GtkTreeView'
Segmentation fault
McDian:


I can't seem to find anything that clearly answers what is happening. Ideas?

And to add, the Segmentation fault ends with a complete crash. How it happens is the application will open just fine, a little slow but it opens. But as soon as I try to switch to a window it crashes.



I have seen this segmentation fault before on 64-bit Linux. This is why Bluehost cannot serve webapps, unless you utilize their vps service. You will want to try suse 32-bit and check that suexec is enabled/installed. I have not seen RS apps work on any 64-bit Linux systems which is odd as they should occupy the 32bit addresses whether the system is 64-bit or not...

_________________
Matthew A. Combatti
Real Studio 2012 r1.2

Visit Xojo Developer's Spot!
Systems I Use:
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 r2/Windows 7/Windows 8
Mac OSX 10.5/Mac OSX 10.6/Mac OSX Server/Ubuntu/Debian/Suse/Red Hat/
Windows Server 2011/CentOS 5.4 /ReactOS/SimOS

~All Xojo Compatible~


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 408
simulanics wrote:
McDian wrote:
Okay after several fix attempts and zero success I have rolled back to OpenSuSE 11.4 where everything for the most part works... except NOW I have the following issue with RealStudio2011r4.3:

McDian: ./Real\ Studio\ 2011

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
[RB] Unable to create all-user preferences file (13)
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBGameInput.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin RBQT.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin Oracle Plugin.rbx
[RB] Unable to load plugin ODBC Plugin.rbx
Loading Office classes ...
Loading dependencies ...
Initialize online help ...
Done initializing online help ...
REALbasic IDE: IPCSocket error 105

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_accel_group_attach: assertion `g_slist_find (accel_group->acceleratables, object) == NULL' failed

(Real Studio 2011:18194): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkFixed' to `GtkTreeView'
Segmentation fault
McDian:


I can't seem to find anything that clearly answers what is happening. Ideas?

And to add, the Segmentation fault ends with a complete crash. How it happens is the application will open just fine, a little slow but it opens. But as soon as I try to switch to a window it crashes.



I have seen this segmentation fault before on 64-bit Linux. This is why Bluehost cannot serve webapps, unless you utilize their vps service. You will want to try suse 32-bit and check that suexec is enabled/installed. I have not seen RS apps work on any 64-bit Linux systems which is odd as they should occupy the 32bit addresses whether the system is 64-bit or not...


The problem is, the RAD has worked just fine before on the same platform. It's only now that I have been making some changes that it doesn't work. Going to 32bit isn't an option either as the system I have has 8GB of RAM and I haven't used a 32bit OS in several years now. The application I have already written works just fine. It loads, reads and does everything I programmed it to do. But the development environment won't work as it crashes on start with the seg fault.

It all started when I tried to update from OpenSuSE 11.4 to OpenSuSE 12.1. Issues arose and after deciding my time was better spent using my system than chasing down fixes and errors, I went back to OpenSuSE 11.4 as everything worked stellar with it before. NOW the only issue that I have not been able to resolve is the RealStudio RAD won't load a window element in design view without crashing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Issues with RealStudio2011r4.3 on OpenSuSE 12.1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 408
Hmmm, I have not one iota of a clue but it works again in 64bit OpenSuSE 11.4 Linux. :?: Don't know why, or how, but I just started it and opened an existing project, navigated to various elements, wrote some code then tested it and no crashes. It was slow but it worked.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group