Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:36 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OpenOffice-Base on Ubutu + SQLite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:06 am 

I thought it would be helpful to use OpenOffice-Base to view ( and edit) experimental tables I'm using/building with RB projects. To do that, of course, I need to connect to a SQLite Driver in OpenOffice-Base. After much research and reading on the subject I am very confused over the best way to install an SQLite driver that OpenOffice can connect to.

Any help on this subject would be very much appreciated. Please keep in mind that I'm not a whiz at root functions on Linux. I'm looking for as simple a way to install and use SQLite on a Linux box so I can access an SQLite database from both, OpenOffice and RB.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: OpenOffice-Base on Ubutu + SQLite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:27 am 

Forgot to mention that I'm on Utuntu 8.04 and OpenOffice-base 2.4. Basically I know how to use the package manager and and some simple 'root' commands.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am 

Did you figure out how to do this? While I don't know how to connect openoffice.org-base to sqlite I can recommend the Firefox addon called 'sqlite manager' -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5817 . It works well and is easy to install.
If you did find out an easy way to connect openoffice.org-base to sqlite please post the info :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:33 pm 

bsnipes wrote:
Did you figure out how to do this?

Yes I did and it all works well except that I found an interesting quirk where OpenOffice will allow edits to existing records in a table only if the table has a primary key field. Some old tables I have didn't have an assigned Primary Key and, therefore, OpenOffice-Base would not allow edits. Interesting.

Take a look at the web site below

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/SL/How_Tos/Uporaba_SQLite_z_OpenOffice.org