Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:58 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crash on db.Connect
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:28 am 

I have a MySQL app that has run OK on the Fedora Linux GTK and I am now testing Ubuntu 9.10. I am finding the MySQL Community plugin (and the old MySQL plugin) no longer work with either Linux. I have the latest apps (RB 2009 R5, MySQLCommunityPlugin dated 27/10/09 and Remote Debugger Stub 1.7).

So I thought I would test a minor app to find the problem. I used the example in the Language Reference (see below, I put in my correct URL etc!) and found that it is dropping out on the db.connect command, not even giving an exception error, just ending the runtime operation without incident. The below code works on MacOS X 10.6 and Windows XP but not on either Linux. Is it just me? Is there a workaround?

'Language Reference example
Dim db as mySQLCommunityServer
db=New mySQLCommunityServer
db.host="192.168.1.172"
db.port=3306
db.databaseName="MyOwnmySQLdatabase"
db.userName="Mary"
db.Password="Elton"
If db.Connect then '<-- drops out on this line
//proceed with database operations
MsgBox "Connection succeeded!"
else
MsgBox "Connection failed!"
end if

BTW it works fine connecting to the exact same code of mine when connecting to a REALSQL database and it works on both Mac and Windows (same code, same server). I have had to force it to REALSQL under Linux until there is a fix:

http://www.holymackerelsoftware.com/OfficeHaven/Download_files/OfficeHaven42Linux.zip

Last edited by David_Cox@mac.com on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Crash on db.Connect
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm 

Same issue here. I am just evaluating but I want RealBasic for Linux ap to MySQL. I have a question in to tech support and will post here if I get a reply.

I have tried OpenSuse 11.1, Open Suse 11.2, and Ubuntu 9.10. All do the same thing. The IDE crashes if I try to connect the screen data objects to a database. If I use code to create a connection it crashes my application on the db.connect.

I found here: http://www.realsoftware.com/realbasic/requirements.php the list of supported distributions. I may try an older version of OpenSuse or Ubuntu. Any recommendations on what will work?