Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:41 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Copy & Paste Bug?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm 

Am I the only person having a problem with copy and paste operations in the editor. Whenever I edit code, the top box (the one labeled Location) always seems to highlight the text in that box. Well, I can highlight text within the text editor and do a copy but when I do a paste I always seem to copy the text that is highlighted in the Location box instead of the text that is highlighted in the editor. This behavior was the same in 2007 and still persists in 2008.

It seems that it would be a really easy fix.

1. Move the Location box later in the tab order so that it comes after the main editor window.
2. Disable the Location box... I've never had a need to enter text there.
3. Actually fix the bug....

If there is a way to fix this problem I would really appreciate hearing about it. I usually have to highlight text in a window not associated to the editor to force it to clear the top box so that I can successfully copy within the editor.

REALBasic is a GREAT package but this copy paste issue is just terrible!!!

By the way, NO I haven't filed a bug report. It seems as though there are several copy paste entries but none seemed to directly cover this issue. Since this is such an obvious defect, I shouldn't be the first to note it so... I am trying to determine if I am alone with this problem or determine if it is a well known issue before I add a new bug report.

Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Copy & Paste Bug?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:16 pm 

I've seen similar focus issues occasionally; usually restarting the IDE fixes the weirdness.

As obvious as the bug may be, it's still best to report it; there's a good chance it'll get overlooked otherwise.