Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Will libstdc++.so.6 be supported?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:48 am 

Is RS planing on making RB2005 support libstdc++.so.6, all of the new distros that I have downloaded use libstdc++.so.6? are there plans on making RB work with both lib?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 pm 
Real Software Engineer

I can't say there are any immediate plans, but just out of curiousity, which distros are these, and does libstdc++.so.5 come installed as well? The only one I've seen is Fedora Core 4, which does not install libstdc++.so.5 by default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:39 pm 

Fedora Core 4 has it on the CD but it does not install it by default, The latest version of Ubuntu does not have it, I had to download it from here http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/libstdc++5 , I'm still going through getting different versions of linux to test it, it takes a while to download the linux cds since I'm on Dialup. so far RB2005 runs the best on Ubuntu, the only problem with RB2005 on linux is the Form designer is VERY slow when dragging items from the control box to the window, but when you move a control around after already being on the window it moves faster then the windows version of RB2005.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:58 pm 

Spock wrote:
... the only problem with RB2005 on linux is the Form designer is VERY slow when dragging items from the control box to the window, but when you move a control around after already being on the window it moves faster then the windows version of RB2005.

Have you tried double-clicking the controls instead of dragging them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:24 am 

Spock wrote:
The latest version of Ubuntu does not have it, I had to download it from here http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/libstdc++5 ,

Ubuntu has libstdc++5, but you need to uncomment the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list wich point to the universe and multiverse packages.
after that an "apt-get update" and "apt-get install libstdc++5" will install the missing lib.