Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kodaly Music Font Won't Load in certain Controls RB Pro Mac
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:29 pm 

Hello
I using a Kodaly Music Font in a Guitar Desktop Application. I have a window RB Pro Windows & RB Pro Mac License. The Kodaly font loads and works OK in IDE & runtime in my RB Pro Windows. On the Mac (OSX-10.7.5) Mac RS Pro (2012 2.1) it only works and loads in the Text Area and Label Control. It will not work in the IDE or Runtime by code for the Popup menu, Groupbox Caption, Radio Button Caption, Checkbox Caption. I have Font Creator 6.5 Application for windows trying to see what properties of the Font that is giving the Mac Pro RB and MAC OS-X so much problem to reject this font. What properties of a font makes certain Real Studio controls reject the font in the Mac Real Studio?
Thank You
Jeff Cox

Post subject: Re: Kodaly Music Font Won't Load in certain Controls RB Pro
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm 

I found the answer to my own problem by trial and error. I swapped out the popup menu with the combo box and it had no problem with the music font. I just have to find a way to make it read only like a Popup Menu. For the GroupBox, CheckBox and Radio Buttons I left the captions blank and substituted them with a label. In real Studio there is always some kind of work around you just have to be creative and experimental.

Thanks