Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:50 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mountain Lion - Unidentified Developer warning
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 pm 

atarikid wrote:
BitsInAWhiteBox wrote:
200'000+ licenses sold in total of all my software.

If this stats are correctly (which I doubt) then why on earth are you complaining about $99/year fee?

I guarantee you at least quadruple (if not many more) your income when it is sold on the Appstore. And double it when it is codesigned.
So stop the ignorance please.

Read my answers, my main complaints are quite obviously NOT the 99 dollars. Its the flawed security.

And yes indeed, i got 200'000+ licenses sold of all my software, including those i made with other compilers than real-basic. I even sometimes use macro-assembler.

I also would care less what you think. In the end of the day, it's MY wallet that gets filled with the dollars after my hard work treating my customers like kings and queens, not your wallet.

But please, feel free to continue your personal-attacks against me, it makes you look real good :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm 

pony wrote:
BitsInAWhiteBox wrote:
One day in the future I hope gatekeeper evolves into a similar system like http://www.sandboxie.com/ (Regretfully only for MS Windows yet) - but sandboxie still needs quite a bit work before it can go "mainstream". Only then it would start to look like a security-system that actually "may" be able to protect the system at a satisfactory level, at least for civilian-usage in general.

I leave the keys in my pickup whilst at the store. I figure it is not 100% secure, so why bother. The lock can be bypassed and the immobilizer disabled, so why bother.
I'll look at it again when they come up with something better. I'm not going to lie to my wife and say the pickup will be safe. I'm going to leave it unlocked and be honest with her. She shouldn't think it will be safer by locking it.

Well, in the case of gatekeeper, your metaphorical pickup-truck does not need keys to start. And it has no doors to lock. On the dashboard of your gatekeeper-powered pickup-truck you have a huge red button labeled "right-click and choose OPEN to start me without keys".

So, there is nothing to lock on your pickup, and the keyhole on the dashboard to start the car is 100% obsolete due to the huge red button besides it that will start it without the keys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 pm 

atarikid wrote:
If this stats are correctly (which I doubt) then why on earth are you complaining about $99/year fee?

You are keeping him from his 200'000+ customers. I suggest we leave him to it.

<unsubscribe>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm 

pony wrote:
atarikid wrote:

You are keeping him from his 200'000+ customers. I suggest we leave him to it.

<unsubscribe>

200'000+ customers did not come easy I tell you. 20+ years of hard work 16+ hours a day 7 days a week. Just to get good enough making code to start on my own. And only the last 6 years was the years where the sales actually started flowing. And with a bit luck and some further hard work, it will hopefully keep flowing.

If I count all those years and divide what i earned in total with it the last 6 years it actually paid off, I would been better off with a job at McDonalds. At least "theoretically" speaking.

Would you sacrifice as much as I did to make this happen? After seeing your blunt answer above, I doubt it. No, I don't just doubt it. I am absolutely sure you don't got the strength to do it.

It's probably just me, but I'm starting to think you act very similar to the guy in the green jacket in this youtube movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvFeyGxaaU (Or maybe it's due to your reference towards pickup-trucks)