Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:31 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: drag & drop
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:24 pm 

Using the code from the help files, I have drag & drop working fine on WIN but the same code fails on the MAC. I can see the outline of the drag, but the drop is not received. This happens on two different windows in my app. On one the drop is of a canvas to a canvas and the other of a bevel button to an imagewell. Any ideas of what is going wrong?

Incidentally, some of the discussion of drag & drop in the User's Guide is mistaken. It claims

Only text in TextFields and TextAreas, rows in ListBoxes, portions of Canvas controls, images in ImageWells, and Windows can be dragged. If you have never implemented drag and drop before, this may sound like a limitation, but in fact, it isn’t. These controls are the only types of objects that can be dragged in other applications that support drag and drop. (UsersGuide:Chapter 5:Drag and Drop)

But these are not the only types of objects that can be dragged as any object can be dragged if the user is allowed to position it on the window. The comment in the Language Reference is more accurate. Under dragitem an action constant is identified that supports: DragActionMove Move the dragged item. For example, I want my user to be able to position the BevelButton on the canvas as its location is part of a complex diagram that the user has to create in order get the correct answer to a logic question. And, in fact, that is also how users of RealStudio create their user interface.

Nelson2012

Post subject: Re: drag & drop
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:13 pm 

Forgot to mention my systems
WIN 7 Pro (64)
OS X 10.8.2
Real Studio 2012 R2 (also confirmed on 2011 R 4.3)