Real Software Forums
http://forums.realsoftware.com/

Native Cocoa Search Field
http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39543
Page 1 of 2

Author:  george [ Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Native Cocoa Search Field

Now that cocoa support is maturing, are there any viable search field control solutions out there? We have carbon ones, we have emulating ones, but what about one for cocoa builds? I remember seeing a pre-release demo control somewhere recently "CControls" but I don't think it has been officially releassed. Thanks.

Author:  MonkeybreadSoftware [ Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Try NSSearchFieldMBS class in latest MBS Plugins.

Greetings
Christian

Author:  npalardy [ Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

george wrote:
Now that cocoa support is maturing, are there any viable search field control solutions out there? We have carbon ones, we have emulating ones, but what about one for cocoa builds? I remember seeing a pre-release demo control somewhere recently "CControls" but I don't think it has been officially releassed. Thanks.


Check the latest builds of MacOSLib
It has a bunch of controls

Author:  charles [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

npalardy wrote:
george wrote:
Now that cocoa support is maturing, are there any viable search field control solutions out there? We have carbon ones, we have emulating ones, but what about one for cocoa builds? I remember seeing a pre-release demo control somewhere recently "CControls" but I don't think it has been officially releassed. Thanks.


Check the latest builds of MacOSLib
It has a bunch of controls


Including NSSearchField.

Author:  george [ Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

pardon my ignorance, but i downloaded the latest release 283 from http://code.google.com/p/macoslib/ and still can't find it... Do you know the name of the class? thanks.

Author:  charles [ Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

george wrote:
pardon my ignorance, but i downloaded the latest release 283 from http://code.google.com/p/macoslib/ and still can't find it... Do you know the name of the class? thanks.



It's NSSearchField. You'll need to use Subversion to get the source code.

Author:  george [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

thanks it's working great. i noticed the lostfocus/getfocus events don't work... is there any way to get these to work, or is it a limitation? thanks again.

Author:  charles [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

george wrote:
thanks it's working great. i noticed the lostfocus/getfocus events don't work... is there any way to get these to work, or is it a limitation? thanks again.


I'll take a crack at it. This is one area where the Rb framework diverges from Cocoa.

Author:  MonkeybreadSoftware [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Well, you can try our plugin CocoaControlMBS. In general it's not easy to embed cocoa controls in Real Studio. CocoaControlMBS does it well for Carbon and Cocoa applications.

Greetings
Christian

Author:  MadDoc [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

MonkeybreadSoftware wrote:
Try NSSearchFieldMBS class in latest MBS Plugins.

Greetings
Christian


The example project in the Leopard folder doesn't work Christian. It simply creates a Textfield, not a searchfield. The documentation isn't that clear on how to fix it either...

Author:  MonkeybreadSoftware [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Please download 11.2 plugins. That issue was fixed some time ago.

Greetings
Christian

Author:  MadDoc [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

I've just downloaded them 30 minutes ago for the first time and this is the issue I'm seeing.

Does the included example need to be changed??

Author:  MonkeybreadSoftware [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Well, I hope you downloaded 11.0 plugins so you got all the examples. See here: http://www.macsw.de/plugin/.

Once you have that, please download 11.2pr7 plugins here: http://www.macsw.de/plugin/Prerelease/.

11.0 includes the example project and 11.2 plugins have the class fixed.

Greetings
Christian

Author:  MadDoc [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Thanks Christian,

The problem is fixed in the prerelease versions.

I'm just not clear on two things:

1. Is it possible to have a popup menu linked to the search field (so I can narrow searches)
2. I can't figure out how to draw a focus ring at all...

Cheers,

Author:  MonkeybreadSoftware [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Native Cocoa Search Field

Well first check the documentation: http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/class-nssearchfieldmbs.shtml

The focus ring should be visible when the control has focus. else check the focusRingType property.

Not sure what you mean with a popupmenu. Maybe we chat that by email.

Greetings
Christian

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/