Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:38 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alignment tool mooshed up in Win 7 (64 bit)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:30 pm 

When I open the desktop template on the Mac, the alignment cluster buttons are clear with their six separate panels.
When I do the same on my PC running Win 7 (64 bit), the alignment cluster is a mess, the separate panels are not visible and all the control options are meshed together like cars in a traffic jam.

It is so visible I don't know how it could be missed before a version release. I checked the display on a second, almost new, PC and it looks the same. :(

Am I missing something that would make that would add clarity to those controls. That is, is it a known issue or just me (and my two PC's)? My system settings are for Best Performance.

I did a search in this forum for "Alignment" and didn't see any other comments on it.

Paul

Post subject: Re: Alignment tool mooshed up in Win 7 (64 bit)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:34 pm 

I have no issues on either my laptop or my desktop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:39 pm 

What OS are you running? What performance or "appearance" settings do you have?

Under System Properties/Performance Options/Visual Effects, I checked the top three out after your post - thank you.

"Let Windows Choose" and "Adjust for best Appearance" do show the Align tool the same correct way as the Mac :D . When "Adjust for Best Performance" is selected, it renders the Align buttons as I initially described :( .

There are many check box option for Performance Options/Visual Effects. I don't know which one needs to be turned on in order for the align buttons to render properly.

At least I know I can just change that option and give up a little "performance" :(

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm 

Can you post a screenshot of the problem? I have similar cosmetic issues under Feedback #17809 and #18178.

<feedback://showreport?report_id=17809>
<feedback://showreport?report_id=18178>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:47 pm 

I'm afraid I'd have to learn two things quickly - how to use SnagIt for capture - actually I've done that - and how to put it in this reply. But the result is very consistant. Just select the properties by right clicking on Computer, then go to Advanced Settings, then the Advance Tab, then Settings in the Performance area. In the "Performance Options window that opens, select the Visual Effects Tab. I was able to see the align cluster correctly with the Adjust for Best Appearance and Let Windows decide options but Adjust for Best Performace messed the Cluster. The effect was as if each vertical delimiter between the "align Top", "Align bottom", etc. action was removed and the little bar graphics were pushed together.

Again, switching to the "Best Appearence" or then "Let Windows decide" option fixed it.

Paul