Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Error compiling CGI app for Linux
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am 

Greetings!

I'm rather new to Real Studio (having just inherited a project from another source), and I seem to be stuck. Whenever I build a cgi app for linux I always get an error. I get to the 'Build [appname] for Linux with GTK+ 2.x - Linking' part, and then a popup comes up saying the application encountered a problem.

It works to build for every other platform. My app contains no errors. I've tried on multiple Windows 7 machines (that's all I have easily accessible) and all encounter the same problem.

When I try to use the feedback system I currently get a 'could not find server'. One point in the past I managed to launch the error feedback, but it basically said it could not pinpoint the error.

Is this a common problem? Any likely causes? If not, I'm waiting on a license and then will go for technical assistance, but am hoping I can solve the problem in the meantime :)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Error compiling CGI app for Linux
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 am 

crossfire wrote:
Greetings!

I'm rather new to Real Studio (having just inherited a project from another source), and I seem to be stuck. Whenever I build a cgi app for linux I always get an error. I get to the 'Build [appname] for Linux with GTK+ 2.x - Linking' part, and then a popup comes up saying the application encountered a problem.

It works to build for every other platform. My app contains no errors. I've tried on multiple Windows 7 machines (that's all I have easily accessible) and all encounter the same problem.

Perhaps your PC was out of memory... i had this too many times with windows so i bought a VERY pricy Mac but i can work now at least...

crossfire wrote:
When I try to use the feedback system I currently get a 'could not find server'. One point in the past I managed to launch the error feedback, but it basically said it could not pinpoint the error.

Is this a common problem? Any likely causes? If not, I'm waiting on a license and then will go for technical assistance, but am hoping I can solve the problem in the meantime :)

Thanks![/quote]

For feedback if the server could not be found, pleasy try to re-install it. If it still doesn't work check your firewalls.
I'm not sure if you need a licence to use Feedback but i think you would need it.. Common problem, not really just sometimes it happens.

Regards,

- Plugins (MBS Complete, ToringoLib, Einhugur, VanHoek + Some open source plugins)
For Dutch User Groups ask me to enter!

Post subject: Re: Error compiling CGI app for Linux
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm 

Thanks. I've gotten a friend to compile the same project on her Mac for Linux and it seemed to work fine there. So for now that'll serve as a workaround.

I wouldn't think it would be memory, I have 4 gb on this machine, and of that usually 3 gb are free while I'm working. Seems to be something to do with some Windows based machines at any rate though.

If anybody else has any suggestions on any fixes I can test on my machine, I would appreciate it. Would like to be able to build locally. But at least I can move forward onto other things now :)