Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Latest Version of Aaron Ballman's Windows API?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 am 

Where can I find a link to the latest version of Aaron Ballman's Windows API Declares (and sample programs)?

I thought it was somewhere in this forum, but my Searching has thus far not turned it up.

Thanks for the help.

Barry Traver

Post subject: Re: Latest Version of Aaron Ballman's Windows API?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 am 

http://arbpmembers.org/windows-functionality-suite

REALbasic - the best X-Platform development tool …
… if you don’t use styledText with Umlaute or accent characters.
… if you don’t need dates before 1601.
… if you only open a drawer window but never close it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:47 am 

P.S. In the latest versions of REAL Studio the WFS is included in the examples folder: Examples -> Windows OS specific -> Windows Functionality Suite 2.5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am 

P.P.S On ARBP you get version 2.6, in RS you have version 2.5

Where is the edit button???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:01 am 

Markus Winter,

Thanks for the link; I appreciate it!

Barry Traver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:48 am 

Markus Winter,

Thanks for the link; I appreciate it!

Barry Traver

P.S. I hope you don't take offense at this suggestion, but some people may take offense at your closing signature, considering it possibly anti-Semitic. I do not think that such was your intention, but you may want to reconsider changing it to make it clear that you are not intending to disparage a particular group of people.

You may even want to reconsider the accuracy of your statement:

Markus Winter wrote:
"Any 'GOD' who has a 'Chosen People' is just the product of an elitist mind"

In Judeo-Christian tradition, the idea is not that 'GOD' chooses the 'elite,' but the very opposite:

Deuteronomy 7:7 (Old Testament; Jewish tradition):
Quote:
7 The LORD did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 (New Testament; Christian tradition):
Quote:
27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him.

That is, from a Judeo-Christian perspective 'God' chooses people not because they regard themselves as 'the elite,' but because they regard themselves as foolish, weak, lowly, despised, non-existent, few in number. Thus it could be argued that the reality is that the 'GOD' who has a 'Chosen People' is the product of a humble, self-deprecating, non- elitist mind"!

You and I may agree or disagree with this perspective -- but I think you will agree that your criticism of a 'GOD' who has a 'Chosen People' could be (mis)taken as an implied criticism of Jews as as a group, traditionally viewed as GOD's Chosen People. Do you really want that?

Barry Traver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:36 pm 

Hi Barry,

Let's not get into a religious argument ;-) but I'll say this much:

you quote VERY selectively, and what you deduce
barrytraver wrote:
In Judeo-Christian tradition, the idea is not that 'GOD' chooses the 'elite,' but the very opposite

is NOT the authoritative view (e.g. the view of either the Jewish or the Christian religion) but the view of a small minority.

According to the traditional Jewish interpretation of the Bible, Israel's character as the chosen people is unconditional as it says in Deuteronomy 14:2, "For you are a holy people to YHWH your God, and God has chosen you to be his treasured people from all the nations that are on the face of the earth."

To quote more:

"Now therefore, if you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people" (Exodus 19:5),

So God clearly makes a choice, and furthermore God promises that He will never exchange His people with any other.

"And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you." (Genesis 17:7).

Later on Christianity tried to usurp the mantel of Chosen People with the argument that Jews rejected Jesus as the Son of God (Doctrine of Supersessionism).

Islam on the other hand claimed that Gods choice was only valid so long as the Israelites maintain their covenant with God:

"Indeed God had taken the covenant from the Children of Israel, and We appointed twelve leaders among them. And God said: "I am with you if you establish the prayer and offer the Zakat (compulsory charity) and believe in My Messengers; honor and assist them, and lend to God a good loan. Verily, I will remit your sins and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise). But if any of you after this, disbelieve, he has indeed gone astray from the Straight Path." (Quran 5:12)

barrytraver wrote:
You and I may agree or disagree with this perspective -- but I think you will agree that your criticism of a 'GOD' who has a 'Chosen People' could be (mis)taken as an implied criticism of Jews as as a group, traditionally viewed as GOD's Chosen People. Do you really want that?

I have no problem with GOD - he's a buddy of mine (Crocodile Dundee style ;-)

I have a BIG problem with RELIGION - be it Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or whatever. I consider it brainwashing of the young (and yes, I'd consider myself as agnostic).

I wrote the sig because a certain sig that "God loves me and send his only son bla bla bla" annoys the heck out of me - so consider it a balancing of the cosmic scales.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:15 pm 
Real Software Engineer

WAYYYYYYYYY OFF topic

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]