Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:27 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RB3D Does not compile or work in old RB on one computer?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:46 pm 

I have an odd situation. First, I need to support some old RB projects that use RB3D (and port some to use other things). Thus, I want to be able to open and run such projects. There are two rather new intel macs running leopard. RB 2009 r1 can open and run the projects in question on the mac mini, however, no RB I have tried (2009 r1 back to 2007) can run the projects on the new mac book pro. Both have (different) RB mac Professional commercial licenses. The mac book has a new license.

The mac book gets a compile error "Plugin "RB3D.rbx:0" is not supported for Mac OS Carbon (Mach-O), even with the exact same build settings, project and realbasic as the other computer. I have even cleared my pre compiled plugin cashes. In RB 2007r4, I can make a blank project, and drag in an RB3DSpace, same error. In any version (including B 2007r4) I can't enter the super RB3DSpace (It goes back to object), and RB3DSpaces (like ones that were in a saved project) show up as the green cube icon in the IDE with no events or properties, and cause the compile error.

So, is RB3D disabled in old versions of RB is used with a license purchased after it was depreciated? Thats the only explanation I can come up with, and it does not really make any sense. I would really like to be able to run these projects on the mac book.

Does any one have an explanation and/or a solution?

Also, isn't it about time to remove the RB3D reference from the forum section description?

Post subject: Re: RB3D Does not compile or work in old RB on one computer?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 pm 
Real Software Engineer

Sounds like Quesa isn't installed possibly ?

Post subject: Re: RB3D Does not compile or work in old RB on one computer?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 pm 

npalardy wrote:
Sounds like Quesa isn't installed possibly ?

haha. Yes, I feel pretty silly. I actually figured that out before seeing your post. Yep, you are right. I guess I've had quesa installed on all the macs around here so long that last time I was missing it was way back when not having it was handled very differently (the IDE still showed the proper events and such, and compiled, just the builds threw an exception about some light3D thing). Man, I feel silly missing that.... Wow... All fixed though!

Thanks!

Hum, also looks like my email notification for responses is broken. Thats odd. Oh well.

Lead Programmer for Fragmented Galaxy, an MMORTS:
http://f-g.wikidot.com/