Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:26 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MySQL access from RealBasic2005r3 Linux
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:43 pm 

I have downloaded and installed RealBasic2005r3 for Linux on a SuSE9.3 plattform. Now I am looking for a way to connect to a MySQL data base.
Is a MySQL driver for this RealBasic release available? Could anybody give me a tip how can I solve this problem?
Thank You!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:48 pm 

Moved to the databases list for accuracy (but left a shadow in the Linux list just in case).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:35 pm 

I'd also be interested to know if there is a driver available. Of course, you could upgrade to the pro version:

Extended database support

REALbasic Professional Edition adds the ability to connect to multi-user database servers like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, FileMaker Server, MySQL, Sybase, Openbase, Frontbase, 4D Server or any ODBC data source. Note: Microsoft SQL Server ODBC drivers for Mac OS X are available from Actual Technologies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:58 am 

I have downloaded the last, 4th release for RealBasic2005 Linux. In a help file relating MySQLDatabase Class (REALbasic2005r4/Resources/Language Reference/Topics/1408.html) you can see:

Notes
In order to use this class, you must install the MySQL database plug-in in your plugins folder.
If the plug-in is installed, you can also open a MySQL database in the REALbasic IDE using the Project . Add . Database . SelectMySQLDatabase command. This command presents a dialog box that requests the server, port, database, Username, and Password properties.
The set of database plug-ins is included on the REALbasic CD, but you may find more recent versions at the REAL Software web site, http://www.realsoftware.com.

To my regret, I have not found this plug-in. Is it dowloadable? Or is it available via e-mail?

I am highly thankful for your attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:44 am 

bvgd wrote:
The set of database plug-ins is included on the REALbasic CD, but you may find more recent versions at the REAL Software web site, http://www.realsoftware.com.

To my regret, I have not found this plug-in. Is it dowloadable? Or is it available via e-mail?

I think the plugins come as a set. Try http://www.realsoftware.com./download/ and select Database Plug-ins

and REAL Studio 2010r1 Personal on Linux Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop
Occasional blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:01 pm 

Steve Garman wrote:
bvgd wrote:

I think the plugins come as a set. Try http://www.realsoftware.com./download/ and select Database Plug-ins

I have downloaded this Plugin, thank you very much!
But.. How could I install it into RealBasic2005r4 for Linux?

Thank you!

Post subject: MySQL database connection error
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:15 pm 

I have installed the MySQL PlugIn into RB2005r4 (Linux, Novel SuSE 9.3, MySQL Ver 6.3).

My attempt to open a database via MySQL server produces an error message:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Must I Downgrade my MySQL server?

Post subject: Re: MySQL database connection error
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:59 pm 

bvgd wrote:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Not necessarily, I believe you can set users (or, I think, the entire server) to use old-style passwords.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:35 am 

MySQL 6??? They haven't even released 5.0 to GA yet! 4.1 is the current GA release and 5.0 is currently at release candidate.

BTW, the MySQL plugin for RB only supports 3.x style passwords. So you will have to set passwords using old_password to use the plugin.

I wouldn't expect support for any non-GA (production) release of MySQL. However, that said, many have been waiting for some time now for RB to properly support MySQL 4.x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 am 

Scott Pawluk wrote:
MySQL 6??? They haven't even released 5.0 to GA yet! 4.1 is the current GA release and 5.0 is currently at release candidate.

BTW, the MySQL plugin for RB only supports 3.x style passwords. So you will have to set passwords using old_password to use the plugin.

I wouldn't expect support for any non-GA (production) release of MySQL. However, that said, many have been waiting for some time now for RB to properly support MySQL 4.x

Sorry! MySQL 4.1.10

Post subject: Re: MySQL database connection error
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:46 am 

Will Leshner wrote:
bvgd wrote:

Not necessarily, I believe you can set users (or, I think, the entire server) to use old-style passwords.

It works, thank you!