Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 104
Location: Chapin, SC
Trying to learn WE. Have deployed my app. to my ML Server. Put the app folder in the folder: GCI-Executables.
Have set the permission for read/write for everyone, for all in the above folder.

When I try to connect I get the following:

You don't have permission to access /MyWebApp.cgi on this server.

Have read RS user guide and searched this site and goggle it but no help that I can understand.

What have I missed?

Help please!

_________________
Jim Smith
http://www.rvcarelogbook.com
Mac OSX 10.8, RS 2012R2 Enterprise


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 am
Posts: 11
jas1931 wrote:
Trying to learn WE. Have deployed my app. to my ML Server. Put the app folder in the folder: GCI-Executables.
Have set the permission for read/write for everyone, for all in the above folder.

When I try to connect I get the following:

You don't have permission to access /MyWebApp.cgi on this server.

Have read RS user guide and searched this site and goggle it but no help that I can understand.

What have I missed?

Help please!


Hi,

Not a Mac user.
But I guess you are trying to access the application folder on the cgi-bin. the apache server will block your access because of the .haccess file configuration, Check this file configuration.
And check the apache configuration and see what folder is set for cgi application( on XAMPP the htdocs is the cgi folder not the existing cgi-bin :shock: strange I know)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Jönköping, Sweden
Is a Stand Alone deploy and alternative? If it is, it's way easier to get it to run.
Just build the app, launch it (a Terminal window appears, leave it open). Access the app att http://COMPIP:PORT
Can't really help with apache though. I did get the CGI to run under apache on ML once, don't know what the h*ll I did ;)

_________________
Image http://www.linkedin.com/in/albinkiland
Dev. iMac 27" + 2x22" LG (2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD) OS X 10.8
Xojo Pro 2013r1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 pm
Posts: 673
Akiland wrote:
Is a Stand Alone deploy and alternative? If it is, it's way easier to get it to run.
Just build the app, launch it (a Terminal window appears, leave it open). Access the app att http://COMPIP:PORT
Can't really help with apache though. I did get the CGI to run under apache on ML once, don't know what the h*ll I did ;)


Hi Akiland.

What are the differences between deploying stand alone or CGI?

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Jönköping, Sweden
J.Sh3ppard wrote:
Akiland wrote:
Is a Stand Alone deploy and alternative? If it is, it's way easier to get it to run.
Just build the app, launch it (a Terminal window appears, leave it open). Access the app att http://COMPIP:PORT
Can't really help with apache though. I did get the CGI to run under apache on ML once, don't know what the h*ll I did ;)


Hi Akiland.

What are the differences between deploying stand alone or CGI?

Thanks.

Easier deployment and no web server like apache2 needed as the stand alone app has it's own built in. It can be hosted on whatever computer you have should it meed the requirements :)
It should also use WebSockets but not sure that it really does that at this point as read here: http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47563. If it doesn't, I'd hope it does in Xojo :)

_________________
Image http://www.linkedin.com/in/albinkiland
Dev. iMac 27" + 2x22" LG (2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD) OS X 10.8
Xojo Pro 2013r1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 104
Location: Chapin, SC
Have it working on my ML Server.

What I did was use the example: Map Viewer, making the name: MyMapView

Build for Web-Mac.

Copied the folder to the Default folder on the server

Image

On the Server WebSite dialog, double click, where indicated.

Image

Then in the Server Website dialog click the EWdit Advanced Settings

Image

Then check boxes as shown below, click ok and then Done.

Image

Then is my Web browser enter the URL:

Image

That it!

_________________
Jim Smith
http://www.rvcarelogbook.com
Mac OSX 10.8, RS 2012R2 Enterprise


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: [SOLVED] Deploy to Mountain Lion Server
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:16 am
Posts: 104
Location: Chapin, SC
In previous post the 2nd and 3rd image of reversed. Could not figure how to edit.

_________________
Jim Smith
http://www.rvcarelogbook.com
Mac OSX 10.8, RS 2012R2 Enterprise


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group