Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unwanted listbox scrollbars after container invisible
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 am 

Following advice from some posts on this forum, I created a page and three containers. The page has an instance of a container that is locked horizontal. The other two containers are instances of the first container. One of these two has visible set True and the other is set false. A button on the first swaps the visible values between the first and second containers. It works. When run, the app is centered in the browser window and the first container shows. Click the button and the other container shows.

The problem is a listbox on the second page. It appears with scroll bars beside it and the heading is not visible. If I click on a cell, the cell above it is highlighted. If I grab the bottom bar of the browser window and drag it either up or down a short distance, the scroll bars go away and the listbox works normally. After hours of trying to figure out what I had done wrong with the listbox (I even upgraded from 2011R4.3 to 2012R1.2), I reversed the starting visibility values so the container with the listbox loads first. The listbox now works as expected without scrollbars.

Update: I found a bug report for the listbox headers disappearing. The circumstances were different, but the workaround for that one works here too: Refresh the page by calling the webpage.show method. I also filed a new bug report.