Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:06 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DTPicker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 am 

Hello,

Using MS DTPicker control in RB project, how to display date an time system with
both Date and time DTPicker ?

regards.

Post subject: Re: DTPicker
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 am 

You should try to find an alternative, search the forum and you will find free date pickers (I can't remember any that includes time, though). You can also make your own.

If it is at all possible to use MS DTPicker (maybe not because of the limited compatibility of RS with ActiveX controls), you have to distribute the library that has that function with you application, and you should check the pertinent license terms (distributing a dll/ocx made by MS for use in a RB app...). I think this is a more painfull path than realizing that RB is not VB, and you need to think in RB ways, letting go VB.

Still, it might be possible through declares.

Also, to round up the references I posted in reply to you in another thread, for windows you should also check the Windows Functionality Suite, which is a compilation of functions and declares that may save you a lot of work (on windows, as I said). It is included in the examples folder in the newer distributions, if I am not wrong.

Pixe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:09 am 

pixe656 wrote:
You should try to find an alternative, search the forum and you will find free date pickers (I can't remember any that includes time, though).
Pixe

I do not understand why date is diplayed properly and not for the time ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:13 am 

These will be custom controls (made by RB users, not Real software, and shared with other users), and maybe picking the time has not been implemented by the coder, simply.

It's no a matter of displaying it correctly, it's not there. But you may find one that does have the choice to pick the time too, I don't know.

Pixe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:15 am 

Please do not mix different threads, it would make it more difficult for other people to get any information from this thread if I reply to it in another one.

Djamel wrote:
Other question, i do not found Date time control in Rbasic, I add MS DTPicker date time, but time control does not run , no possible to display the system time.
Any idea ?

The following search in google gave me plenty of relevant hits: "site:http://forums.realsoftware.com date picker"

Choose the one that fits you best.

Pixe

PD: I often use google to search the forum, because I don't fully like the available search feature.