|Real Software Forums
|Put a Gravatar in your Real Studio application
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||alyssa [ Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:17 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Put a Gravatar in your Real Studio application|
zdGravatar URL is a simple class written with Real Studio. It uses the gravatar.com API to create the URL that identifies a Gravatar member's avatar given his/her email address.
zdGravatarURL can handle all functionalities built in the Gravatar API for avatar:
• No email address embedded in the generated URL. Only a MD5 hash
• The avatar's size can be customized from 1 pixel up to 2048 pixels
• Use predefined default avatars or your own custom picture if the address email is unknown to Gravatar's server
• The display of the default avatar can be forced for testing purpose
• 4 rating levels available for returned avatar: G, PG, R, X
• A secured URL ( 'https://' ) can be generated if needed
• Optional file-type extension .jpg on demand for compatibility purpose
• No needs of an API key for your application and no subscription required
The Real Studio project comes with an application that exposes the whole Gravatar API for avatar and shows you the generated URL and copy it to the clipboard.
The zdGravatarURL is compatible with Real Studio 2009r4 and later. The demo app source code
The project is hosted by Google Code as a Git repository available here:
The pdf documentation is available in English and in French.
zdGravatarURL is open source code released under the GNU LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License version 3). You can use zdGravatar in the same way as you would with the GNU GPL, without the constraint of opensourcing your entire codebase.
More information about the GNU LGPL license here:
Your Gravatar is an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog. Avatars help identify your posts on blogs and web forums. Gravatar serves millions of avatar images over 8.6 billion times per day.
Contact Za'atar Digital here: contact (at) zaatardigital (dot) com
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group