Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this server??
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 914
Location: Philadelphia, PA
I did a Google search on "REALbasic BASIC," and I got a response that included the following:

REALbasic counterpart to Visual Basic's InputBox?
http://www.realsoftware.com/listarchive ... 00417.html?
REALbasic counterpart to Visual Basic's InputBox?

I clicked on the link, and I got this response:

Quote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /listarchives/gettingstarted/2004-07/msg00417.html on this server.


Huh?? What does that mean?

Barry Traver


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this serv
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline
Real Software Engineer

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:18 pm
Posts: 7858
Location: Canada, Alberta, Near Red Deer
barrytraver wrote:
Huh?? What does that mean?

That the archives are not available at this time

_________________
Norman Palardy (Real Software)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this serv
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 914
Location: Philadelphia, PA
npalardy wrote:
barrytraver wrote:
Huh?? What does that mean?

That the archives are not available at this time

Norman,

I have an Enterprise edition which doesn't expire until January 17, 2015 (plus, for that matter, a Personal Edition which doesn't expire until November 16, 2013). I have found the forums to be tremendously helpful, and am therefore disappointed to hear you say that "the archives are not available at this time."

Four questions....

(1) I couldn't find any note posted by Real Software of their plans to take away the ability to access forum archives from its customers, including Enterprise subscribers.

Was such a note posted in advance of that action (and, if so, where?).

(2) You say, "the archives are not available at this time." Is there any intention to restore access to those archives in the future? Or, for that matter, is there any intention to delete those files?

(3) In the thread "XML selectsinglenode" you posted these comments on October 20, 2012 (about six months ago):

npalardy wrote:
Possibly because it's not been discussed here
The forums are kind of "new" compared to the mailing list (which has been around since day 1)

I know it been discussed on the mailing list and you can search those archives
http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/realbasic-nug/


Here's the question: Is it the plan or intention of Real Software to remove the present access to the list archives?

(4) Is it likely or unlikely that the list archives (like the forum archives) will be no longer accessible in the near future?

Barry Traver

P.S. The fact that I am "FORBIDDEN" access to the forum archives means that I do not have access to my own postings or to the postings of other people.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Forbidden: You don't have permission to access this serv
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:49 am 
Offline
Real Software Engineer

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:18 pm
Posts: 7858
Location: Canada, Alberta, Near Red Deer
barrytraver wrote:
npalardy wrote:
barrytraver wrote:
Huh?? What does that mean?

That the archives are not available at this time

Norman,

I have an Enterprise edition which doesn't expire until January 17, 2015 (plus, for that matter, a Personal Edition which doesn't expire until November 16, 2013). I have found the forums to be tremendously helpful, and am therefore disappointed to hear you say that "the archives are not available at this time."

This has nothing to do with what kind of license you have.
The archives are offline having to do with http://www.realsoftwareblog.com/2013/04 ... pdate.html

_________________
Norman Palardy (Real Software)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group