Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:09 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: IDE Bookmarks Menu
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 pm 

OS 10.6.8
RS 2011.4.3

Per the User Manual:

Quote:
By default, the Create In drop-down list offers two choices:
Global Bookmarks: Global bookmarks appear as items in the Bookmarks menu. They are global in the sense that they appear in all of your projects.
Local Bookmarks bar: Local bookmarks appear in the Bookmarks bar in the project’s IDE window. When you add a bookmark to the Bookmarks bar, it is local to that project; it does not appear in the Bookmarks bar of your other projects.
You can also add methods and properties to the Bookmarks bar by dragging the name of the method or property from the Code Editor browser list to the Bookmarks bar. When the item to be added to the Bookmarks bar is over the Bookmarks bar, it shows a selection rectangle, indicating that it can accept the dragged item.
If you have created bookmark folders for the Bookmarks menu, they will also be offered as choices in the “Create In” drop-down list. This enables you to place a new bookmark directly into a folder. When you add a item to a folder, the Bookmarks menu shows the folder’s name as a menu item and the items in the folder as submenu items.
You can also modify existing bookmarks. To do so, right+click (Control-click on Macintosh) on the Bookmarks bar to display the Bookmarks bar’s contextual menu and choose Customize. The Edit Bookmarks dialog box appears:

I am not sure if this is a known bug or if I am doing something wrong.

Select the 'Bookmarks' menu, the only choice is 'Global Bookmarks'. If I select 'Create Bookmark Folder' the resulting sheet only allows creating in 'Global Bookmarks'. How do I create a 'Local Bookmarks' folder?

Using the 'Add Bookmark' button the choices are 'Global Bookmarks' 'Local Bookmarks bar', but no option to create a local folder.

Inconsistent at best, bug at worst.