Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:28 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:35 am
Posts: 987
Location: South Portland, Maine
FYI: When 2013r1 ships, it will include an all-new User Guide that is almost 1,000 pages (and split into 4 books). In addition, an "Intro to Programming" book will be available. Plus, there will be all-new QuickStarts and Tutorials for both desktop and web.

These will all be available in PDF format so you can print if you wish and iBooks format so you can read it on your iPad.

And of course, the Language Reference is updated continually.

_________________
Paul Lefebvre
Developer Evangelist
Xojo, Inc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 am
Posts: 237
Paul Lefebvre wrote:
FYI: When 2013r1 ships, it will include an all-new User Guide that is almost 1,000 pages (and split into 4 books). In addition, an "Intro to Programming" book will be available. Plus, there will be all-new QuickStarts and Tutorials for both desktop and web.

These will all be available in PDF format so you can print if you wish and iBooks format so you can read it on your iPad.

And of course, the Language Reference is updated continually.


Wow! That must have been a hell of a lot of work, well done!

_________________
RB 2012 Release 2.1 Personal edition (Windows)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 am
Posts: 1236
Location: Jönköping, Sweden
Give them to me right now! ;)

_________________
Image http://www.linkedin.com/in/albinkiland
Dev. iMac 27" + 2x22" LG (2.8GHz Intel Core i7, 12GB RAM, 120GB SSD) OS X 10.8
Xojo Pro 2013r1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:26 pm
Posts: 63
I agree with you on both VTC and Bkeeney.. The stuff on VTC is just great I have developed a number of applications based on this training which is great.

I am working through the Bkeeney stuff and I am learning a lot from that too. I love both Bob and Paul's style of teaching they are both different but good.. And its nice to see so many ways to do essentially the same thing.

The sample apps and tutorials that some with RS are a great starting point as well, as they show how everything fits together.

Most importantly whatever method you use have fun !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:26 pm
Posts: 63
jjb wrote:
Paul Lefebvre wrote:
FYI: When 2013r1 ships, it will include an all-new User Guide that is almost 1,000 pages (and split into 4 books). In addition, an "Intro to Programming" book will be available. Plus, there will be all-new QuickStarts and Tutorials for both desktop and web.

These will all be available in PDF format so you can print if you wish and iBooks format so you can read it on your iPad.

And of course, the Language Reference is updated continually.


Wow! That must have been a hell of a lot of work, well done!



Cant wait for that .. I am desperatley looking forward to this as I think it will be a great way to continue the learning experiences. Well done whoever put that together, I am sure it was a Mamouth task.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Books?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:48 am
Posts: 3554
Location: Lenexa, KS
Tegwin wrote:
I agree with you on both VTC and Bkeeney.. The stuff on VTC is just great I have developed a number of applications based on this training which is great.

I am working through the Bkeeney stuff and I am learning a lot from that too. I love both Bob and Paul's style of teaching they are both different but good.. And its nice to see so many ways to do essentially the same thing.


Thanks! I've found it interesting that I do things differently than what other long term developers do. I never knew that until I had several experienced developers get back to me with "gee, I didn't know you could do that" comments.

_________________
Bob K.

A blog about being a Real Studio/Xojo developer at http://www.bkeeneybriefs.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group