Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TabPanles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm 

I'm making a aplicacción where I have a tabpanels controls in their desire to create buttons, but these buttons will be created at runtime, I tried but I could do it, anyone know how?
At design time there is no problem, my problem is when I run the application and must create the buttons, it does nothing .. I fail to insert ..

Thanks in advance ...

Estoy haciendo una aplicacción donde tengo uno controles tabpanels, en ellos deseo crear botones, pero estos botones serán creados en tiempo de ejecucion, he tratado de lograrlo pero no he podido, alguien sabe como hacerlo?
En tiempo de diseño no hay problemas, mi problema es cuando ejecuto la aplicación y deben crearse los botones, no hace nada..no logro insertarlos..

Gracias desde ya...

Post subject: Re: TabPanles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:53 pm 

YOu must start with a single instance of your control and then clone additional instances.
Drag a pushButton control to your tabPanel.
Give it a name (i. e. myButton) and, in the index property, put 0
Now at run time, you can create new instances like...

Dim b As new myButton
b.top = ??
b.left = ??

Do this code in a loop if you want additional buttons.
Hope this helps.

http://www.classonesoftware.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 am 

druiz wrote:
I'm making a aplicacción where I have a tabpanels controls in their desire to create buttons, but these buttons will be created at runtime, I tried but I could do it, anyone know how?
At design time there is no problem, my problem is when I run the application and must create the buttons, it does nothing .. I fail to insert ..

Thanks in advance ...

Estoy haciendo una aplicacción donde tengo uno controles tabpanels, en ellos deseo crear botones, pero estos botones serán creados en tiempo de ejecucion, he tratado de lograrlo pero no he podido, alguien sabe como hacerlo?
En tiempo de diseño no hay problemas, mi problema es cuando ejecuto la aplicación y deben crearse los botones, no hace nada..no logro insertarlos..

Gracias desde ya...

Have a look at this site: http://docs.realsoftware.com/index.php/ ... On_The_Fly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 am 

druiz wrote:

Thanks in advance ...

Gracias desde ya...

What you might consider instead of a tab panel is a page panel. I am currently working on an application that requires a variable number of active page panels (they are really the same as a tab panel but without the tabs) depending on certain runtime situations. I also added a Segment Control (I like to call it a button bar) that I use to select the page panels. These can be added or removed at runtime or, as in my case, simply disabled, depending on the circumstances.

The advantage of this is I can create all the page panels ahead of time and enable and disable the segment control items depending on whether they should have access to the panels I've created.

If you like, I can send you an email with a screen shot of what this looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am 

Quote:
What you might consider instead of a tab panel is a page panel. I am currently working on an application that requires a variable number of active page panels (they are really the same as a tab panel but without the tabs) depending on certain runtime situations. I also added a Segment Control (I like to call it a button bar) that I use to select the page panels. These can be added or removed at runtime or, as in my case, simply disabled, depending on the circumstances.

The advantage of this is I can create all the page panels ahead of time and enable and disable the segment control items depending on whether they should have access to the panels I've created.

Container controls can be used in such a situation and, in my experience, are more reliable And more flexible than page panels.

http://www.classonesoftware.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm 

I can clone a TabPanel tab to capture the content that it owns and from this clone, add the buttons you need, I mean, I have a TabPanel, I need to add buttons on it, but also not know how many will I need in the tabpanels tabs.
Suppose I have a restorante that have more than one room with about 40 tables each classroom, but this I do not know, I just want to build with the tabpanels, lounges and tables with buttons.

Puedo clonar una pestaña de tabpanel, para capturar el contenido que ella posee y desde este clon, agregar los botones que necesito, me explico, tengo un tabpanel, necesito agregar botones en el, pero además no se cuantas pestañas necesitare en el tabpanels.
Supongamos que tengo un restorante que posee más de un salon con alrededor de 40 mesas cada salon, pero esto yo no lo se, lo que quiero es construir con el tabpanels, los salones y con los botones las mesas.