Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bug with Serial.Reset and RTS?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 pm 

This post is semi related to another earlier one regarding RTS not working at all. Being that the problem discovered is a bit different than the original post, I thought I'd begin a new thread.

I have spent all day on this. Although I have been able to make a little progress, there still seems to be some trouble with the RTS control. It will change its state on its own. It appears to be related to the Serial.Reset command.

While RTS will not change at all without using the Serial.Reset command, when the command is executed, it changes the state of RTS, but then for a period of about 5mS according to my digital scope, it goes low, then back to high.

This only happens BTW when setting RTS = False. Note that the assertions of RTS are inverted. This is due to the inversion effects of a MAX232 level shifter in the circuit. So setting RTS to False, yields a high at the 485 chip.

I have attached the project, slimmed down to show the problem. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? What will happen during the continuing polling cycles, is there will be times when RTS will change, cutting off data. Obviously this is not a good thing :?

http://www.global-electronics.com/downloads/Serial%20RTS%20Problem.zip

Tim