Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Two Quick Questions
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:32 am
Posts: 14
Hi,

I have two quick

1. Is there a way to pass one or more arguments to a window when opening the window?

2. Is it possible to call functions in external DLL's? If so, how?

Thanks,

Gary


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Quick Questions
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 am 
Offline
Real Software Engineer

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:18 pm
Posts: 7858
Location: Canada, Alberta, Near Red Deer
TrakSoft wrote:
1. Is there a way to pass one or more arguments to a window when opening the window?

Check out Constructors http://docs.realsoftware.com/index.php/Constructor

TrakSoft wrote:
2. Is it possible to call functions in external DLL's? If so, how?

Check out declares http://docs.realsoftware.com/index.php/Declare

_________________
Norman Palardy (Real Software)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Two Quick Questions
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:32 am
Posts: 14
npalardy wrote:
TrakSoft wrote:
1. Is there a way to pass one or more arguments to a window when opening the window?

Check out Constructors http://docs.realsoftware.com/index.php/Constructor

TrakSoft wrote:
2. Is it possible to call functions in external DLL's? If so, how?

Check out declares http://docs.realsoftware.com/index.php/Declare


Norman,

Yup that will do it. I guess I was not querying the docs properly.

Thanks!

Gary


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group