Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:27 pm
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Code signing again...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 am 

Hello,

after some delays I'm dealing with code signing again and started by reading through the documentation provided by Apple.

As earlier stated at this forum (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46003 ), I got told code signing for OS X (Gatekeeper) works only with a certificate issued by Apple, which can sign exclusively for OS X (not for Windows or Linux).

But at https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... dures.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40005929-CH4-SW2 Apple says:

Quote:
"Note: Apple uses the industry-standard form and format of code signing certificates. Therefore, if your company already has a third-party signing identity that you use to sign code on other systems, you can use it with the OS X codesign command. Similarly, if your company is a certificate issuing authority, contact your IT department to find out how to get a signing certificate issued by your company."

If I understand this correctly, any code signing certificate will work for OS X and vice versa. So I wonder if someone has made experiences with non-Apple certificates ? Or am I completely wrong ?

Sorry for being so persistent asking, but I don't want to spent money for certificates that are later obsolete.

Bye,
Tobias.