Real Software Forums

The forum for Real Studio and other Real Software products.
[ REAL Software Website | Board Index ]
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:06 am
xojo

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RS Custom Apple Siri Server
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm 

Apple's Siri just don't cut it.. Anyone interested in trying it can add to your iPhone /etc/host file

macronoria.com guzzioni.apple.com

And remove the s from https://guzzioni.apple.com in /Users/Library/Preferenes/com.apple.assistant under the property list "Hosts" :-) ...working on a WE interface to add custom API's for Siri responses :-) have added an AIML based brain based on Project E (php) and added Trueknowledge.com API to reduce "would you like to perform a web search?" responses (making Siri seem more 'intelligent') :-) working on adding RS wiki abilities as well for faster reference.

After the WE interface is completed...I may release source... Have also written a custom iPhone app to switch between my Siri server and Apple's. Will be adding the packages as well for those without iPhone 4S (like me with iPhone 4) to add Siri capabilities (shame on you apple for saying only iPhone 4S has Siri capability...ploy to buy a new phone) tisk tisk... By the way..will not void warranties as it doesn't "hack" any files..can even change DNS settings if you're not comfortable editing iPhone system files mentioned or installing the custom iPhone app...uses standard Siri APIs (wolfram, google, etc) so is bound by those licenses :-) No Apple copyright files are being distributed..and the Siri framework is based on the BSD opensource version (fraction of the size with more capabilities)... Now for RS to implement iOS software creation abilities ;-)

Will post screenshots in a few minutes :-)

Visit Xojo Developer's Spot!
Systems I Use:
Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 r2/Windows 7/Windows 8
Mac OSX 10.5/Mac OSX 10.6/Mac OSX Server/Ubuntu/Debian/Suse/Red Hat/
Windows Server 2011/CentOS 5.4 /ReactOS/SimOS

~All Xojo Compatible~

Post subject: Re: RS Custom Apple Siri Server
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:47 pm 

I wonder if, Instead of modifying the iPhone one could modify their DNS or Router to remap it. Or if you have a Linux Hosting account, setup a DNS server just for select users?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 pm 

willgonz wrote:
I wonder if, Instead of modifying the iPhone one could modify their DNS or Router to remap it. Or if you have a Linux Hosting account, setup a DNS server just for select users?

Indeed :-) In the iphone network settings you can change the dns to the server (addresses not found in BIND will automatically resolve to their true IPs) and in the server config set permissions for certain hosts :-) Have not tested the server on Mac...although the Windows server is a desktop application for easier management...(am considering using a service console)..the linux version is console based and seems to respond much quicker than the windows server

Apple's Siri Server - average 4-7 seconds
Custom Siri Server (Windows) - 3-7 seconds
Custom Siri Server (Linux) - 1-4 seconds

Here are some screenshots of the Custom Siri from my iphone 4...the siri background is customizable from siri settings as well as the siri mic (both which I have changed to my liking.) Will post the desktop server screenshots in a bit as well...

Image Image
Image Image

Systems I Use:

~All Xojo Compatible~

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:13 pm 

Here's the Windows Desktop Siri server...and the screenshots above can be seen via the request/responses in the siri server (as text)...the interface is crude at the moment.. The host identifier is what the iphone identifies itself as when connecting to the server..this is what could be used to only allow certain users and/or allow all users and if the user doesn't match...send an "I'm sorry but you are not authorized to connect to Siri" message or any message really..then disconnect and block the connection...the server is still young so anything is possible :-)

Systems I Use:

~All Xojo Compatible~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 pm 

Newest server and app details at:

http://www.macrinoria.com/siri

(Web Edition Siri Server)

**reactions are rbscripts as txt files using basic language lexical analysis using regex and 'parts-of-speech'.
**Speech is encoded by flac and passed through Google's Voice Recognition API, returning the text of the speech...and a valid response is formulated.
**Replicates Apple's Siri Servers exactly with additional features extendable through rbscripts. (ie control a themostat, lights, etc remotelessly, access security cameras...

**Additional plugins (rbscripts) added to Siri.
alarmplugin - better manage and create/remove alarms
wordnikDefinitions - better defining of words than Apple's dictionary
definition - adds the ability for Siri to remember recent keywords and topics and follow conversation. (ie if asking for a definion or 'how to do something' you can say something like "please explain further/more in depth" or "elaborate"...and siri will further elaborate on a definition or explanation including more details)
timerPlugin - better timer management
displaypicture - adds ability for Siri to show you a picture of anything when asked (people, places, things)
epgPlugin - TV Show and movie integration (get times, channels, characters, plot, etc)
mstranslate - Siri can translate anything by saying "Say This is cool in Spanish" and siri will reply with "Este es chulo" or "How do you say hello in french" (Bonjour)
UnitsConverter - adds ability for siri to calculate unit conversions
wwwsearch - beter websearching from siri
magic8ball - ask siri what the magic 8 ball has to say
mail - access your email accounts from siri and manage mail
raven_urbandictionary - access urban terminologies and 'layman' definitions
XBMC - access information about your itunes and music/video library
callMePlugin - adds ability to change Siri's name and what she/(he) will call you.
examplePlugin -shows how to make a simple plugin. ("hello world plugin")
weather - more in-depth information about weather, sunrise/sunset, moon-rise/moon-set, etc
yahooWeather - better map display for Apple's Y! maps
reminders - better reminders
webcams - access remote cameras
yahooLocalSearch - better business search
googlePlaces - better location finding
yelpSearch - better business information search
mapping - better mapping and direction navigation (will appear in Apples iOS 6 Siri ;-))
traffic - traffic information
musicPlugin - siri can sing along or display the lyrics for sing-a-long
shortMessage - quicker method of sending text messages and emails to contacts
whereAmI - better location finding and added options
chucknorris - stupid chucknorris jokes
notes - more efficient note management
currentTime - better time/date responses (more realistic than 'roboticized')
phoneCalls - siri can access your recent contacts and phone/text/data usage
smalltalk - basic conversation
WhoAmI - added responses to "who am I" or "What's my name" (2nd example plugin)
help - when called, will displays a list of siri's built-in abilities and the added plugins found in the plugins folder
ShowHelp - 'in-use' ability to access help without ruining your "conversation" by adding the long list of abilities
plugin_list - (is the main plugin called to load the rest)
soccerlive - access soccer (futbol) scores
wikipedia - access information on wiki from siri
horoscope - have siri read your tarot or horoscope, relations compatibility, etc.
randomfacts - siri can tell you useless knowledge that you never knew!
startRequestHandler - (Handles remote connections to the 'plugins')
wolfram - better siri integration using WolframAlpha API
chatbot - for full-blown conversations with Siri. Just remember she remembers how you talk to her/(him) and her responses are formulated based upon your 'relationship' with her :-)

I will be developing more and more plugins adding them to siri, so if you decide to use the server be sure to ask Siri for help or use the information icon to view any new abilities she may have gained. Anyone interested in having your own personal server may contact me and I will share the code and how to go about configuring it...there are endless capabilities with a personal assistant capable of whatever you can code..business management, home security, remote access to anything, etc and get simple quick "human" responses.

Systems I Use:

~All Xojo Compatible~

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:57 pm 

I have developed an iOS app which can switch the Siri host from settings... Until it canna go on the AppStore...it may be downloaded and installed directly to a jailbroken device as-is...or installed to an UNJAILBROKEN device using your USB cable and APPGod. No DNS settings or host files are modified. The app merely changed the Siri host from guzzoni.apple.com to the host specified (http://macrinoria.com:4443) The WE interface is almost complete and users will be able to modify how Siri responds to certain input as well as create new plugins for the siriserver (using rbscript, python, perl, php, or any other interpreter accessible via command line). I am currently working on a WE visual response designer to see exactly how Siri will respond before adding the plugins to the main server. I am busy working on many projects..will post all new downloads and links shortly

Systems I Use:

~All Xojo Compatible~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:35 pm 

Making the webgui for the new website :-)

http://www.siriport.us

Siri now compatible with Android as well (client ported with basic4android)

Systems I Use:

~All Xojo Compatible~